Fama Platform Privacy Overview
We are strongly committed to letting you know how we will collect and use your personal information. The policies below are applicable to Fama Technologies, Inc.’s network of platforms and services, including web.fama.io, and all apps published by Fama (“Platforms”).
Fama for Businesses: FCRA and EEOC Compliance
FCRA. Fama considers itself a consumer reporting agency when businesses pay Fama to use its services for decisions related to hiring or medical staffing, as such, Fama complies with the Fair Credit Reporting Act in the United States. Fama offers the disclosure and authorization forms, relevant state-by-state disclosures, pre-adverse and adverse notification letters, and a variety of other, up-to-date FCRA materials and best practices to ensure that your business stays compliant with the evolving legal landscape. In addition, Fama offers individuals the opportunity to opt-out of having their online identity collected by Fama.
EEOC. Fama does not collect information directly related to an individual’s “protected classes” as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. This includes a person’s age, pregnancy, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, national origin, religious beliefs and sexual orientation.
Fama for Individuals: Data & Communication
- First, you provide written consent to one of our Customers as applicable with international, federal, state, and city law regarding access to your personal information. Then Fama will securely process this data on behalf of our Customers to collect publicly available online content related to you.
- We use this data to help our Customers understand trust, compatibility, and safety as drawn from the publicly available, online record.
- Fama ensures the highest technical safeguards against data vulnerability, safety, and overall access to information.
Transparency and communication are essential bedrocks of our Platforms. While all of the information we collect is public, and can be accessed via the same web protocols used on your internet-connected device, Fama wants you to know what is publicly available about you. You have the right, and we encourage you to:
- View the publicly available information that is available about you online. Contact us at [email protected] to see a copy of your Fama report, if it has been created on behalf of a Customer. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
- You can challenge the accuracy of a Fama report at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
- You can opt out of our service by contacting us at [email protected], as long as you have not provided written consent to one of our clients so Fama may access this information on your behalf. Further, Fama will delete all of the data that we have collected about you at your written request pending those same criteria.
Fama Sites Privacy Overview
What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Sites, personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is information that you may supply to us, as described more fully below, i.e., when you subscribe, place an order, complete a survey, register for a Site or any part thereof, or provide your e-mail address. Personal information is any information that can individually identify you and includes, among other things, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information. Non-personal information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Sites and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the Sites without submitting your personal information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us with your personal information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your personal information.
- Registration for an account on the Sites
- Sign up to receive e-mail newsletters or e-mail alerts from us
- Sign up to receive e-mail offers from Fama or Fama partners
- Request for customer service or other assistance
- Purchases on the Sites, including subscriptions to Fama publications and services
- Posting a resume on the Sites
- Submission of a job application
- Any other place on the Sites where you knowingly volunteer personal information
In addition, when you interact with the Sites, we may collect certain information that does not identify you individually and our servers may automatically keep an activity log of your use of our Sites (“Non-Personal Information”). Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Usage information about your use of the Sites. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you a more customized experience on the Sites.
- Other information regarding your use of the Sites.
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information From Other Sources
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources (including by us from our offline interactions with you) to, among other things, enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Sites.
Is Personal Information Collected From Children?
Fama does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age you should not provide personally identifiable information to Fama without providing us with consent from your parents. If Fama discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided Fama with personally identifiable information and we do not have parental consent, Fama will immediately delete that child’s information from the Sites.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Sites. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- Provide you with the content, products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features and enhancements on or to our Sites
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by e-mail, text, or other another medium
- Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Sites and their purchasing patterns
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use the information from one portion of the Sites on other portions of Sites in our network of Sites, all of which are owned and operated by Fama, and we may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Sites into a single customer record. We also use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or we collect or receive from third party sources to enhance, expand, and check the accuracy of your customer records.
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
We have third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, marketing, customer service, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Sites.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Sites; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Sites or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users of the Sites or the public.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may disclose or share Non-Personal Information (or other information, other than Personal Information) in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. Among other things, we will disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties to help us determine how people use parts of the Sites and who our users are so we can improve our Sites. We will also disclose Non-Personal Information to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Sites.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your device to our servers. Personal Information collected by our Sites are stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose your Personal Information to you. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your Obligations to Keep Your Access Rights Secure
You promise to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your business as prompted by a Website’s registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Fama has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Fama has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Sites (or any portion thereof). You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
Notice to Non-US Users
Changes to This Policy
How Do I Opt-Out or Correct Information About Me
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and newsletters from Fama. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by going into your profile settings and choosing the appropriate options. To opt-out, you can also send us a message at [email protected].
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Fama who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected].