Location: RemoteApply Now
The data scientist role at Fama encompasses all aspects of the profession: obtaining and preparing data, implementing, training, and deploying models, monitoring their performance, and working with teammates to provide insights and data-driven assistance to their responsibilities.
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy machine learning models that process natural language and images.
- Identify relevant data sources and automate the process of their collection.
- Analyze and preprocess data to ensure trained models have low variance.
- Create processes and tools to monitor, visualize, and analyze the performance of production models.
- Work with all teams within the company to identify areas where data science can improve existing and enable new processes and products.
- Develop data products and tools for internal use.
- Propose data-driven insights, solutions, and strategies to business challenges.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-years experience in the data science/machine learning field.
- Experience with Python, SQL, and Git strongly preferred. Other programming languages (R, Scala), Excel, BI/BA tools are a plus.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Best-in-class benefits, including medical, vision, dental, and unlimited PTO.
- Learn and grow – We offer our employees education resources – be they books, boot camps, or classes – to help improve our professional selves.