Location: RemoteApply Now
We are seeking an experienced Director of Finance to join our team! The Director of Finance has the primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing all financial-related activities for the organization. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, financial reporting, forecasting & budgeting, building financial business models and projections, tax filings, and audit and compliance. This position reports directly to the COO.
Oversees the general accounting function, which includes AP, AR, cash management, reconciliation, financial reporting, cash flow analysis, and balance sheet management.
Assist the organization to develop, manage, and analyze short- and long-term budgets and all related and supporting financial projections. Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual budget to actual analysis to inform management decision making.
Maintain and improve the company’s statement financial models
Drive monthly analyses and reporting on financial performance and other key performance indicators and provide variances to plan/forecast
Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the organization’s assets are protected.
Ensures that the organization’s financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
Oversee Federal and State tax reporting requirements, insurance reports, and other reports required by government regulation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related fields.
- 5+ years of financial management and accounting experience
- Ability to develop financial modeling and annual budgets
- Impeccable mathematics and analytical skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and comfortable working within a “start-up” environment
- Proficiency with accounting software (specifically, QuickBooks) and Excel spreadsheets
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Ability to create ad hoc analysis by leveraging data from multiple sources to inform decision making
- Knowledge of industry-standard business intelligence tools preferred
- Strong Excel financial modeling skills
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Best-in-class benefits, including medical, vision, dental, and unlimited PTO
- Learn and grow – We offer our employees education resources – be they books, boot camps, or classes – to help improve our professional selves.